As a business centre Lörrach is characterised by
- its location in the tri-border region between Germany, France and Switzerland. Lörrach is a border town. The citizens of Lörrach live on and with an external EU border, which is part of everyday life here.
- Its location in the meadow valley between the Black Forest, Vosges and the Jura. Commercial space is scarce in the valley. The weather, however, is fantastic and always a few degrees warmer than in the rest of Germany. Work where others go on holiday!
- Full employment and noticeable pay gap with Switzerland. Professionals are needed and training is more important than ever.
- Numerous different government authorities and agencies. Lörrach is a district town and service centre and where DHBW Lörrach and a diverse range of educational institutions are located. The provision of medical care is being further consolidated by the construction of a new central hospital.
- Excellent transport links: 20 minutes to Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg EuroAirport, 10 minutes to the ICE connection at Basel Badischer railway station, 20 minutes to the TGV connection at Basel SBB/SNCF railway station, the regional suburban train leaving every 30 minutes and the 98/A 5 motorway junction with a direct connection to the Swiss and French motorway networks.
- People with broad horizons and a hospitable nature who are brimming with ideas.
- Numerous medium-sized family businesses from a wide range of different industries:
.... and much more!